Method Statements are simply a written explanation of a safe system of work for very hazardous activities and is included in the health and safety plan.
In the preparation of method statements one requires discipline and logic as the steps needed to complete an activity and must be though out fully. Method Statements should be short and concise.
Method Statements may consist of the following headings:
- Scope of work
- Detailed description of the task
- Resources required to do the task
- Risks involved in carrying out the task.
- Control measures to minimize the risks involved
- Emergency information
- Training Requirements
- Permits Required
- Personal Protective Equipment.
- Duration of the work.
- Names of personnel on site.
Contact us to talk about your health and safety needs.