Site Audits are inspections of a site, carried out at regular intervals, assessing all areas of the workplace which may cause a safety issue.
Prime areas that will be checked are:
- Health & Safety - General
- Entry and Exits
- Security of site
- Hazardous substances/ emissions
- Manual Handling
- Plant & Machinery
- Protecting the Public
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Training Records such as Safe Pass & CSCS
- Safety Statements
- Access to heights
- Safety records, certification and tests of machines, scaffold etc
- Emergency procedures
Site Audits help to creating a regular inspection regime, with the advantages beginning that it promotes the consistent maintenance of the workplace conditions, highlights problem areas and helps raise awareness among all employees of the importance of safe working practices.
Site Audits can also aid in highlighting constant safety offenders. Contact us to talk about your health and safety needs.