Hand Held Pesticide Applicator (knapsack) 5N0731
The purpose of this course is to equip the learner with the knowledge,skill and competence to apply pesticides using a knapsack in accordance with recommended safe practice.
• Describe how infestations of pests (weeds, diseases, insects and vertebrates) affect crop growth and reduce quality
• Describe the range of pest control methods available to farmers and Growers
• Explain the terminology used to categorise pesticides for crop
• Describe principles and procedures for the safe handling, storage, application and disposal of pesticides including appropriate personal protective equipment
• Summarise laws and regulations relating to poisonous substances to include pesticide residues and maintenance of adequate records
• Explain the principles of application technology necessary for the proper application of pesticides in respect of applicator components, calibration, maintenance, field operating procedures and precautions
• Interpret pesticide label information including precautionary symbols, product name, class designation, registration number, purpose, precautions, first aid instruction, toxicology information, disposal, notice to user, material safety data sheets (MSDS) and directions for use
• Prepare a hand-held applicator for work, including calibration in accordance with good practice and manufactures instructions
Total course duration is 50 learning hours. 2 days tutor led on non-consecutive days. Participants will engage in independent learning outside of the formal training supported by an FRS tutor.
Below you will find all dates and locations that this course is running.