Felling and processing trees over 380m
Candidates are trained and assessed in unit 301 and will be able to perform the following.
- Be able to promote health and safety and industry good practice
- Be able to fell trees and process trees over 380mm
- Understand relevant health and safety legislation and industry good practice
- Understand how to remove branches from felled trees using a chainsaw
- Understand how to take down hung up trees
Chainsaw Maintenance and Operations
This QQI level 5 course is designed to create safety awareness on the use of Chainsaws. Candidates will be shown how to Maintain, Sharpen and Operate a chainsaw safely. This will include some cutting up of Felled Timber.