Floor and Wall Tiling
Floor and Wall Tiling 3N0523
The purpose of this QQI level 3 award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skills and competence to complete a range of wall and floor tiling activities in a supervised environment. The programmes includes:
- Understand tools and materials used in tiling activities;
- Measure area correctly to estimate cost of a project;
- Design and identify a number of tiling patterns;
- Prepare an area for tiling;
- Be capable of cutting, fixing and laying tiles correctly;
- Understand how to complete grouting on laid tiles.
Tilers can work with ceramics, mosaic or natural stone on walls, floors and staircases in houses, commercial, industrial and public buildings.
Successful candidates will receive a QQI level 3 award in Floor and Wall Tiling