Home Repairs and Maintenance 4N3774
The purpose of this QQI level 4 award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to work under supervision and with others to carry home repairs and maintenance so as to increase their skill set and employability.
On completion participants should be capable of carrying out plumbing tasks
associated with water mains and storage, understand cables used in domestic
wiring, will be able to fit plugs and wire socket outlets, light switches and light
fittings. Complete a range of tiling activities including measuring, cutting, fixing
and grouting of tiling and completing domestic painting activities correctly while
adhering to relevant legislation. The programme also enables the learner to:
- Understand tools and materials used in Home Repair and Maintenance;
- Be familiar with safety legislation surrounding this area and possible hazards;
- Be able to complete a range of plumbing activities associated with toilets, sinks, radiators and water storage equipment;
- Carry out electrical maintenance;
- Prepare an area for painting and apply paint correctly;
Fix plaster boards and apply bonding and skim coat;
- Understand how to measure, price, cut, fix and grout tiling area;
- Show care for maintenance of tools and equipment.
Contact us to discuss further.
For click here learner support documentation.