ATV / Quad Bike Training
Duration: 2 days
Accreditation Body/Award: QQI Award Level 5 (No Expiry Date)
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the relevant
knowledge, skill and competence to drive and handle an all terrain
vehicle in a safe manner in compliance with relevant legislation.
Learners will be able to
1. Outline the role and uses of all-terrain vehicles in the land-based industries.
2. Interpret legal requirements pertaining to the use of an all-terrain vehicle and ancillary equipment in an off-road situation and on public roads.
3. 3 Outline the need for safe and efficient all-terrain vehicle operation to maximise stability on flat, rolling, and hilly terrain.
4. Interpret safety decals, controls, and instrument panels for an all-terrain vehicle appropriate to work situation involved.
5. Carry out routine pre-starting checks specified in the operator’s manual.
6. Drive an all-terrain vehicle around a specified course in a controlled manner appropriate to the terrain and surface conditions.
7. Operate an all-terrain vehicle effectively and in accordance with safety requirements.
8. Operate an all-terrain vehicle effectively with ancillary equipment for a range of tractor tasks.
Skills Demonstration: 60%
Examination - Theory:40%
Entry Requirements: Candidates must be over 16 years of age and will require a good command of the English language with a good level of numeracy and literacy.
Training Materials: All learning material will be provided to you for the duration of the course and you will be registered for certification though our centre.
Certification: Successful applicants will receive a QQI level 5 minor award in All Terrain Vehicle Operations.
QQI Certificate has no expiry date.
Successful completion of this component award enables the learner to transfer to programmes leading to other certificates where this component is a mandatory or an elective requirement.
Below you will find all dates and locations that this course is running.