Winter Maintenance Operations Course - Gritter & Plough
LANTRA Winter Maintenance Operators Course (Code: 2765) Level 4
Our severe and unpredictable weather conditions require the upskilling of our people in order to be adequately prepared for snow and ice
Get Prepared, Be Competent, Be Safe
Winter maintenance plays a crucial role in our everyday lives, therefore understanding all the relevant regulations and safety requirements is key. This course will equip the learner with the knowledge and skills to operate machines safely and effectively. On completion of this course, the learner will be able to work safely, effectively and efficiently: reducing risks to yourself and others.
This course covers a range of weights:
- Up to 3500kg including agricultural tractors
- From 3500kg to 7500kg
- Over 7500kg (large LGV) – 16 tonne would be applicable under this category
Max learners on course: 8
Assessment Type: Theory & Practical
Grading Schemes: Pass mark is 75%
Course Duration: 1 Day
- Health and Safety Legislation
- Methods of Application and Snow Clearance.
- Pre Checks on Equipment
- Defect reporting
- Maintenance & Service Operations
- Rates of spread for de-icing materials
- Emergency procedures
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Working Safely
- Avoiding Hypothermia
For click here learner support documentation.