Chainsaw Operations - QQI Level 5
Duration: 2 days
Accreditation Body/Award: QQI Award Level 5
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to maintain and operate a chainsaw.
Learners will be able to:
1. Carry out risk assessment for chainsaw operations including maintenance operations and sawing operations.
2. Describe the maintenance requirements of a chainsaw.
3. Outline the safe operation of a chainsaw during use including interpreting safety decals, safety devices fitted to the chainsaw and cross cutting operations.
4. Explain the considerations of timber under strain including tension and compression.
5. Safely maintain a chainsaw as specified in the operator's manual.
6. Carry out routine chainsaw pre-starting checks specified in the operator's manual.
7. Start and check the chainsaw for correct operation.
8. Crosscut timber to required lengths including timber less than the cutting bar length and timber greater than the cutting bar length.
9. Prepare a chainsaw for storage including cleaning, sharpening and setting.
Skills demonstration: 60%
Written Examination: 40%
Training Materials: All learning material will be provided to you for the duration of the course and you will be registered for certification though our centre. The candidates should also bring their PPE, and Chainsaw (if possible).
Certification: Successful applicants will receive a QQI level 5 in Chainsaw Maintenance and Operations.
Entry Requirements: Candidates must be over 18 years of age with a good command of the English language
Below you will find all dates and locations that this course is running.